Discovery Academy is a top therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens.
Here are 6 Reasons for Our Success
When it comes to choosing the right therapeutic boarding school for your son, Discovery Academy specializes in the following areas:
- Discovery Academy is a place your son can learn and even excel academically.
- In addition, he will experience our effective therapeutic approach designed to help him with the current challenges he faces, AND prepare him to return back home safely.
- Discovery Academy is an established program that is licensed as a Residential Treatment Center and accredited.
- Furthermore, your son will be in a growth environment where he can develop and “not miss out” on life experiences.
- Discovery Academy also has an active research component which leads to constant improvement and successful outcomes.
- Finally, we offer an effective Transition / Next Step or After Care component so your son can continue to succeed when they graduate the program.
Research Driven Improvement (Constant improvement requires research for results)
Discovery Academy participates in various types of research with one goal in mind, become better. Learn more about the types of research and results-driven changes we have made…
Helping Your Son Succeed in School
A Unique Approach to Learning
Because we approach teaching from a new angle, students who have struggled in traditional classroom settings begin to find success and satisfaction in their progress.
At Discovery Academy you will find:
- More professional staff to student time than other similar programs
- School schedule and hours optimized for student success
- Above national average SAT scores
- Better college prep than average high school programs
- For every 12 months of school, students earn on average 1.5 years of credit
- In addition, students see an average 75% improvement of GPA
How can Discovery Academy Help Your Son?
At the Academy, discovery is a process, not just a name. We call it Experiential Relationship Therapy.
- We know that sharing the experience is the key to relationship building. Relationships help inspire students to reach higher.
- Also, he have separate girls and boys programs with co-educational opportunities. This lets students learn without distractions, while still having supervised opportunities to develop healthy relationships.
- Moreover, we offer theater arts, sports, off-campus jobs and internships, high adventure activities, outdoor recreation, peer leadership opportunities, etc.
We Offer Individual & Group Therapy
Because your child is NOT just a diagnosis.
Discovery Academy’s entire program is designed to facilitate therapy. You can expect:
- More professional to student time during the day than other programs. — Really.
- Family Therapy, and an online Parent Portal to follow your son’s progress.
- Group Therapy on topics such as adoption, substance abuse, relapse prevention, eating disorders, etc.
- We also specialize in the following target behaviors: Abandonment, RAD, abuse / survivors of abuse, addictions and compulsions, ADHD : inattention, impulsivity, hyperactivity, adoption / foster care issues, anger, body image, depression, grief, loss, bereavement, executive functioning, obsessions and compulsions OCD, oppositional defiance, posttraumatic stress PTSD, and trauma.
- We also offer Drama Therapy, Experiential Therapy, DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), Music program and more…
Our goal is a better therapeutic program in every way!
We are constantly improving through research.
We strive to offer the most effective program for your son. Consequently, we use our research to find the ways we can improve and adapt. Research has let to improvement in every area of our program, even the time of day our students attend class. As a result, students see higher than national average SAT scores. Moreover, the improvements in your son’s behavior will be seen inside and outside the classroom.
We invite you to do your own research about our program’s effectiveness. We see this as a way to build trust when you come to a decision on the type of program to work with.
Nothing Prepares You For The Next Step Like Discovery Academy
After treatment are you heading home or are you college bound?
What is the next step for your son?
Whether the next step for your son is going back home or going to college, Discovery Academy is ready to prepare your son and your family.
Academics are specifically designed to rekindle a love for learning. We help your son recognize his ability to study and learn. Furthermore, we will help him find his unique learning style.
Moreover, therapy works to improve his relationships and provide him with skill sets that can be applied to school, work or home.
Finally, our unique aftercare program, in partnership with Redwood Grove, is available for students in their home and is designed to help ensure a smooth transition from our program to the next step on your journey.
What’s Happening at Discovery Academy?
Check out our latest blog posts!
Melanie, Admissions Director / Barbara, Sr. Admissions Counselor / Hannah Yeates, Admissions Counselor
Is Discovery Academy the right program for your son? Take the patented online Assessment test by clicking the button below.
Or please call (855) 645-0484 and ask for one of our admissions advisers.
Elaine Layosa, MA
Elaine has been selflessly serving students on our campus since 1992! Discovery Academy and parents honor her for her dedication to and success with the students!