Taking Care of Your Child
Many of our students arrive at the Academy under the care of a physician, or psychiatrist, who has ordered daily medication for both Clinical/Medical Therapy. Our registered nurse and or staff medical coordinator works with these professionals to make certain medications are disbursed accurately and in a timely manner. Our program psychiatrist coordinates the use of any psychotropic medications.
In addition, Discovery Academy provides the following clinical services:
- Complete review of the student’s historical profile.
- Physical evaluation (if needed).
- Psycho Social Assessment.
- Full level II Comprehensive Psychological Evaluation (upon request as an ancillary charge).
- Treatment plan development.
- Treatment plan review.
- Medication Management.
- Parent phone sessions and consultation with a licensed therapist.
- Weekly student individual psychotherapy sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Weekly student group psychotherapy sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Weekly specialized group sessions including: substance abuse, adoption, wilderness/transition, trauma, social adaptation/relationships, appropriate assertiveness, depression, victim awareness, problem-solving, and family dynamics/communication.
- Weekly experiential therapy sessions including: equine assisted therapy, outdoor adventure based therapy, and community service.
- Discharge summary and transitional planning.
For more information, fill out our Assessment or contact our admissions department at (801) 701-3711.